Frequently Asked Questions
How does Kindest Generation align with my school's curriculum?
- All lessons aligned to Next Generation ELA Standards and each unit will contain lessons that can be used to teach reading across the curriculum.
- Most lessons incorporate Newsela, allowing educators to differentiate instruction and gives learners access to the same article at five separate reading levels and take appropriate reading comprehension quizzes.
- Enrichment and follow-up activities incorporated into each lesson.
- Multiple types of questioning, including open-ended questions, fill in the blank, draw-it activities, and self-graded quizzes.
How does the Kindest Generation support my English Language Learners?
- Kindest Generation is a multilingual textbook that provides directions for learning activities that are translated into multiple languages: Spanish, Korean, Mandarin and Thai (and growing)
- Virtual Field Trips using Nearpod VR technology, Google Earth, and Google Street Treks.
- Our lessons focus on KIND stories from around the world.
How does The Kindest Generation integrate 21st century skills and competencies into its lessons?
- All lessons downloaded at the click of a button.
- Teachers have full control of student devices once students enter a login code, with the ability to see their student results in real time -- as well as downloadable reports from each session.
- Links with Google Classroom and Schoology.
- Quizlet integrated into each lesson to introduce and enhance understanding of vocabulary.
- Kindest Generation is environmental friendly. All lessons are paperless.
- Kindest Generation uses Nearpod to integrate Newsela, Quizlet, and Quizzizz into each lesson to maximize student engagement in the classroom.
How does Kindest Generation integrate Social-Emotional learning into my ELA program?
- Lessons focus on building a growth mindset, empathy, service and volunteerism.
- All educators will receive our persuasive unit in September 2019, which focuses on charities that align with each thematic unit.
- Use as a supplement to your SEL curriculum in your school, with badges and posters included for classroom use.
- All lessons spotlight inspirational and positive stories that are current and relatable to The Kindest Generation.